Help given where possible!

Need help with your machine? Request it here...
aaamusements
Site Security
Site Security

Help given where possible!

Postby aaamusements » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:11 am

Post awaiting approval:

If anyone requires help or advice on technical aspects of fruit/quiz/swp/arcade machines, let me know and i will do my best! :)

Tina

alarm keeps going off on our trailblazer

Postby Tina » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:36 pm

Post awaiting approval:

Hi, ive just discovered this site and was wondering if you could help, i bought my partner a trailblazer for his birthday saturday its been fine up until now when its turned on the alarm goes off and on the screen it reads new opts alarm 4.5 aint got a clue whats goin on with it hope you can help. :roll:

Thanks Tina.

jamesb99_1999
Master Poster
Master Poster

Help

Postby jamesb99_1999 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:58 pm

Post awaiting approval:

This is often a fault from the power I think from reading threads on Fruit Emu. I know a build up of dust around the transformer could be a problem - vaccuuming it fixed it for one person, although could be a fuse issue.. I am not 100% on this but pretty sure - however if you ain't sure don't mess with the electrics.

Tina

Thanks

Postby Tina » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:27 pm

Post awaiting approval:

hi, Thanks for replying i`ll try hooving in side it but if it dont help i think i`ll call someone in who knows what there doing, Thanks again

Tina

aaamusements
Site Security
Site Security

Postby aaamusements » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:51 pm

Post awaiting approval:

I do not know machines by name!

what manufacturer?
what year?
what mpu?

I have a good few industry contacts for technical advice so let me know.

What James has said is very good advice, a build up of dust around the PSU is never good!

bobfathead

Re: alarm keeps going off on our trailblazer

Postby bobfathead » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:18 am

Post awaiting approval:

Tina wrote:Hi, ive just discovered this site and was wondering if you could help, i bought my partner a trailblazer for his birthday saturday its been fine up until now when its turned on the alarm goes off and on the screen it reads new opts alarm 4.5 aint got a clue whats goin on with it hope you can help. :roll:

Thanks Tina.

get hold of a manual and look up the alarm code or ring manfactures they mostly help..looks like a reel optic to me

Outlawguy

Re: Help given where possible!

Postby Outlawguy » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:30 pm

Post awaiting approval:

Hi Triple A, I have a JPM Fruit Machine (an Outlaw) in my garage that I purchased from ebay, I now have a space for it & will soon power it up. I have the manual (& keys) still but I cannot for the life of me see how to eject all the money from it in the black book. I was shown how to do it upon purchase but cant remeber any of it now - Any ideas?

:D

aaamusements
Site Security
Site Security

Postby aaamusements » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:55 pm

Post awaiting approval:

Outlawguy wrote:Hi Triple A, I have a JPM Fruit Machine (an Outlaw) in my garage that I purchased from ebay, I now have a space for it & will soon power it up. I have the manual (& keys) still but I cannot for the life of me see how to eject all the money from it in the black book. I was shown how to do it upon purchase but cant remeber any of it now - Any ideas?

Sorry mate I didn't see this post at the time.
Is it Scorpion 4? If so:
Remove the cash doors.
Turn the refill key.
Press the "Hopper Dump" button, located in the inner cash box. The machine should beep.
Cancel and Start buttons will flash and the alpha will display: "Press start to dump £1 hopper float or cancel to exit".
Press the start button, the hopper will pay out until it gets to standard float level (or is empty). If coins remain then you will have the option: "Press start to dump excess coins".

Hope this helps!

Brian69

Postby Brian69 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:48 pm

Post awaiting approval:

Hi I have just bought a non working Barcrest Make a mint 4MPU machine and everything works except the hopper and you get a jam fault. It will move when pushed or if you put a current across the motor. any ideas?
Brian

aaamusements
Site Security
Site Security

Postby aaamusements » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:50 am

Post awaiting approval:

It's probably the Opto sensor - it's hidden in the slot where the coins exit the hopper disk.

It may just need cleaning, if not then you need to replace the hopper disk.

jcposs

Postby jcposs » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:01 pm

Post awaiting approval:

Hi its Jeremy. Just wanted to say many thanks for all your help and support - and indeed for your recent referral. The pc & game card is on its way down to him for re-imaging and service clean up etc. Hopefully that will resolve it, but if not at least we know its not the pc/software. That only leaves the mpu5 and a few other items/boards, so its really just a process of elimination now. I've got bids in for some mpu5's already for next to nowt, so they'll just do for spares if they're not needed.
MUST REMEMBER TO HIDE THE BLOODY KEYS NEXT TIME!!!

Best wishes mate

JEREMY P.

aaamusements
Site Security
Site Security

Postby aaamusements » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:13 pm

Post awaiting approval:

You're very welcome, and you are definitely in good hands - he knows what he is doing and will be able to sort that PC out for you.

jcposs

Postby jcposs » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:19 pm

Post awaiting approval:

hi mate, jeremy here. He's sorted it out. Apparently the state of that pc was a disgrace - hdd fastened in with tape!! He said hdd was on its way out and put another in for me. Ram unseated too etc etc. Sorted now and its on its way back. Cheers, jeremy.

aaamusements
Site Security
Site Security

Postby aaamusements » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:16 pm

Post awaiting approval:

Yeah it often happens that these machines get cobbled together and badly fixed up by amateurs when they have their working life in arcades and sites.

jcposs

Postby jcposs » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:28 am

Post awaiting approval:

That would be a great help if you can let me know what each of the 2x8 standard switch functions are on the mpu5. Thanks. Jcposs.

Return to “Technical Help”