http://www.llg.co.uk/salessheets/VAWP.pdf

Leisure Link seem to think so! :?

Dave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:54 pm

Post awaiting approval:

I think it is the future.

In my local arcade there's about 35 machines and the most popular are the B3's, Joker Poker and One which loks similar to that but not quite as new.

I'd personally prefer a lo-tech golden game, partytime or something similar to most rubbish that's released nowadays.

I've found a £3 JP eachway nudger on ebay, i'm very tempted to buy it, i would imagine it'd be boring after a while though.

aaamusements
Site Security
Site Security

Postby aaamusements » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:22 pm

Post awaiting approval:

MPU Mecca are taking an opposing view at the moment!

How much is the eachway nudger going for?

Dave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:34 am

Post awaiting approval:

I think it was on about £45 last time i looked, been browsing all week, i have about £150 to spend on one but need it delivered too.

Anyways back on thread...

I've just come back from Charnock Richard services where i found one of these buggers, i didn't get to play cause my mate seems to have something against anything with video reels but it looked pretty good.

One of the games on there was Gridrunner, i remember playing this years ago down the bowling alley, not sure if the gameplay would be the same or not, i'll have to have another ride up and have a go.

aaamusements
Site Security
Site Security

Postby aaamusements » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:09 pm

Post awaiting approval:

admin wrote:I've just come back from Charnock Richard services where i found one of these buggers, i didn't get to play cause my mate seems to have something against anything with video reels but it looked pretty good.

They REALLY hate it on Mecca, mind if I post the link?

Dave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:02 pm

Post awaiting approval:

Not at all mate!

I've been back today for a taste of the future and i have to say, i quite liked it :?

The game i played was Gridrunner, originally by impulse i think (could be wrong though).

I put £8 in for the top feature which gave a flat £35, then £1 for another feature which gave another £35, then a couple of quid later i got another £15 win, about £80 profit within 5 minutes.

I think my reason for linking them is they seem to have a lot of games from my era, i'm not really too clued up on the latest releases but i know exactly how to play the oldies, and it did play exactly as it used to, though the win amounts do vary from the old £15 JPs.

They may not be to everyones taste but they are a big improvement on B3's and a break from the deal or no deals that seem to be taking over everywhere!

aaamusements
Site Security
Site Security

Postby aaamusements » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:26 pm

Post awaiting approval:

admin wrote:Not at all mate!

I've been back today for a taste of the future and i have to say, i quite liked it :?

What, they do garlic bread too? :lol: :lol:

Here is the link.
They REALLY hate it! And Leisure Link too. :shock:

Dave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:31 pm

Post awaiting approval:

I see what you mean, there's some very strong opinions on them.

A lot of people would probably disagree with me but some of the games on these are classics, the manu's know what machines have proven popular by players and which haven't, so in turn have recreated the best machines in video format.

Coming from the mecca i would have expected a bit more understanding, aren't they all about recreating classic machines?

Now a lot of people play emulators to bring back memories, but i'm sure everyone given the chance would play them for real money, and that's what these are, just in an arcade instead of being on a pc!

Oh i forgot to mention, the only problem i found...

The game i was playing earlier (gridrunner) has the 'respin' on the bonus, now any player will know when given this you more often than not have a no.2 on one of the reels, so to try and obtain no numbers on the respin and another bonus the 2 numberless reels are held in, in the hope of no number on the 3rd.

Now with these machines there's no hold/nudge buttons, just start and collect, and they don't seem to allow 2 parts of the screen to be pressed simultaniously. Which would cock up that particular playing method, and i'm sure as time goes on there'll be more things that crop up.

I'm sitting on the fence with this one (with my garlic bread) if i lose next time i play one i'm sure my opinions will drop :roll:

aaamusements
Site Security
Site Security

Postby aaamusements » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:14 am

Post awaiting approval:

I expected the start and nudge buttons would be on the touchscreen!

Having inaccuracies in play will only further annoy the purists....
I myself just dislike the fact that they are taking the mechanical element out of the picture entirely and just making it into a big, boring interactive tv that can be controlled over tinternet!

Dave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:33 pm

Post awaiting approval:

Yes on the actual cabinet the only buttons were transfer, start, collect and something else that escapes me, there were outlines in the frame for hold/nudge buttons but none there :?

I guess it all depends on the kind of player you are to whether these are your cuppa or not, personally i only play for entertainment and don't mind if it's reels or video, at the end of the day they're all rigged to give what they want to it really doesn't make much difference.

aaamusements
Site Security
Site Security

Postby aaamusements » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:53 pm

Post awaiting approval:

True enough!

One of the points made was that the quality of the games looked no better than any member emulated machine - what do you reckon having played one?

Dave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:38 pm

Post awaiting approval:

The quality seemed bob on to me, as it does on most DX emulators.

I must get back up there and have a try of the other games, i just wasn't sure if the % was worked out per game or on the machine itself, i didn't want to swap over to a different game after taking it for £85.

Although after winning that i went over to a rainbow riches and lost the lot plus another £100, my misses was with me too so the chances of another visit in the near future is slim :(

GaryChandler
Master In Training
Master In Training

Postby GaryChandler » Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:59 pm

Post awaiting approval:

Are you talking about them video things i havent got that shitty adobe reader so cant open it lol

Got one around here called "the player"

Its got about 5 fruits on it, grid runner, beat the banker and cant remember the rest lol

And what you playing £500's for admin!

Dave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:55 pm

Post awaiting approval:

Yes mate that's the one 'the player'.

I should keep away from the £500's but i always think a quick tenner and see what comes, but get carried away :roll:

aaamusements
Site Security
Site Security

Postby aaamusements » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:41 am

Post awaiting approval:

GaryChandler wrote:Are you talking about them video things i havent got that shitty adobe reader so cant open it lol

Got one around here called "the player"

Its got about 5 fruits on it, grid runner, beat the banker and cant remember the rest lol

And what you playing £500's for admin!

Thats the one!
What did you think to it?
Adobe reader is free download BTW.

Return to “Real Fruit Machines”