Proposed Stake Changes 2008

AWP's, Club Machines and B3's
Dave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Proposed Stake Changes 2008

Postby Dave » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:01 pm

Post awaiting approval:

Has everyone heard about the new proposed changes for cat C machines for this year?

The basic changes are for cat C machines (pub and arcade) that are currently on a max of 50p play and £35 jackpot...

Option (i) - No Change
Option (ii) - 50p/£50
Option (iii) - 60p/£60
Option (iv) - £1/£70
Option (v) - £1/£100

The consultation period will run from 5 September 2008 until 31 October. An impact assessment will be published shortly.

Full details can be found on pdf here:

http://www.culture.gov.uk/images/consul ... limits.pdf

I personally don't think that we're due for another increase and why the government thinks it'll help landlords and arcade owners during the credit crunch is beyond me :?

If it was my choice i'd have it back to 25p and £25, but out of the options they're discussing i think 50p/£50 or no change is about the best for players, normal punters who gamble change from the bar wouldn't touch machines that are £1 for a £100 JP, which would mean the only people playing in pubs would be hardened players and addicts!

aaamusements
Site Security
Site Security

Postby aaamusements » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:29 pm

Post awaiting approval:

A lot of people on the other forums also hold the view that a lower stake/jackpot is the way to go - combined with machines that put the "Amusement" back into "AWP" :lol:

The pro players and addicts are generally the only ones who don't like the idea of lowering - but if the alternative is that there are fewer and fewer machines to play, with ever emptier hoppers, then what alternative is that?

Your average punter in a pub at the moment is finding it difficult enough to afford the beer, so they are hardly likely to fill Noel's face with coins at 2 spins for a £1 and no board for a tenner or more.

The problem is that the sites keep asking for the high jackpot machines in the belief that a big prize will tempt people to play, and ignore the fact that the thing will suck like crazy for days in order to streak itself to bits.
More small losers > Fewer big winners.

I don't have the answer to the decline in the industry, but I do know that increasing stakes and prizes is not it. :(

Dave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:43 pm

Post awaiting approval:

I completely agree mate....

I have been playing small recently and actually enjoy it, i've found a small arcade 10 miles away and it's well worth the drive!

I've been in a few times now playing 5p/10p £5 jackpot machines like Andycapp, Road Hog, Psycho Cash, How bigs yout rock? and the list goes on.... All of which are very entertaining to play and as you say are to be played for Amusement!

The last time i went i walked in with £100 and played for 3 hours, i came out with a £30 loss which i was happy with! I'd had a good game and basically paid for a few hours entertainment.

If i was an arcade owner i'd much sooner lots of people do that and return doing that every week than someone do their b****cks on a £500 and never come back again!!

aaamusements
Site Security
Site Security

Postby aaamusements » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:01 am

Post awaiting approval:

All the arcades (AGC's) say "there's no money in £5 jackpot machines, we make all the profit on the B3's..."
Not when no one plays them anymore, you won't!

I would love an FEC full of lower jackpot machines, older stuff that is fun to play and that, as you say, offers people some real amusement for a modest outlay.
Arcades these days are just shrines to desperation, people ploughing the mortgage money into a slot in the vain hope of a magic £500 top that will solve all their problems!
And don't even get me started on FOBT's.... :x

Return to “Real Fruit Machines”