World's most expensive pub conversation

AWP's, Club Machines and B3's
puggie.pete

World's most expensive pub conversation

Postby puggie.pete » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:45 pm

Post awaiting approval:

About a month ago we were sat in a bar complaining about the lack of machines in pubs, the lack of feature rich machines online (except Aussie slots, ancient no feature OXO machines and FME software which is great, but you can't win).

Anyway, we said we'd do something about it so made some posts and got utterly slated by everyone. "You'll never do it, do you know how much it costs, can you write software etc, etc, etc..." Jesus, all we were trying to do was whack a site together we thought everyone would love and support!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess they had some points. The expense is crippling, the logistics a nightmare, I could go on but I would only depress myself.

Although, who doesn't like a gamble?

Let me know what you think.

www.unionjackpots.com

Dave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:57 pm

Post awaiting approval:

Hi Pete and welcome to the forum, i've been reading about your site via another forum and i have to say it looks pretty dam good!!

The layout and design looks very professional and appealing, and from the 1 preview of a machine i was very impresed!

I'll certainly be having a play when you go live, good luck :)

aaamusements
Site Security
Site Security

Postby aaamusements » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:28 am

Post awaiting approval:

Hi Pete, I have been following this on www.fruitchat.co.uk as well.

It is certainly looking very promising now. You never replied to my post about whether you would be running an affiliate scheme for introducing new members?
I would be interested in details if you do... :)

puggie.pete

Postby puggie.pete » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:40 am

Post awaiting approval:

Absolutely, 100%, very keen for affiliates and anything that can help us. Pretty new to this myself so not sure why you didn't get my response. Will post affiliate news when we get it sorted. If you register on the site for news or testing it will come to you that way too.

It's a bizarre world in forums, very odd indeed! Still learning.

If you tell people what you are trying to do you get slated, really badly, by just about everyone. They all work on the assumption that you are thick and couldn't possible do it.

Then if you turn around and do a half decent job, people want to throw you off as they assume you are spam and not who you say you are.

We've found it really, really hard. All we want to do is set up a great site for players which we thought would go down a storm and we would be welcomed with open arms. Just to get to this stage has been a mammoth task, and then when we find we get there, after the abuse, we then get lobbed off for making too good a job of it.

Still kind of scratching my head about it all. Trust me, I would rather be in bed, but we'll take any help we can get, especially when it comes to the testing stage.

www.unionjackpots.com

We could really use some help forwarding the url as well, but I daren't ask or we'll no doubt get booted off here too! God you're a hard bunch to satisfy.

aaamusements
Site Security
Site Security

Postby aaamusements » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:54 am

Post awaiting approval:

I don't think I slagged off the idea as such, but I was very doubtful that we would ever see you again!
All credit to you for following it through, and for making what is evidently quite a gamble - I do hope it pays off.

I have signed up for beta testing anyway, I can fix real machines but I manage to break just about anything on a computer... :lol:

puggie.pete

Postby puggie.pete » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:00 am

Post awaiting approval:

Apologies, I didn't mean you specifically, it's just been a slog and all the people we thought would support us seem to be salivating at the chance we will fail. Kind of getting to us.

Stupidly, we came up with a whole list of things we would do for the people that helped us before the site was up, and we are kind of thinking, why? All people seem to want is failure.

Being as bloody minded as we are, we will do this thing if it kills us, but it did come as a shock that the guys you're also doing it for don't appear to want it.

Don't get me wrong, we need to turn a buck, but we can't compete with the big boys and absolutely have to take the players into consideration so we can offer something different.

We're also going to be running competitions to design a machine later too. All the best features that people want / come up with will go into it.

Why? Build it and they will come. (That either sounds marvelous or is the most stupid, naive thing you have ever heard, take your pick).

aaamusements
Site Security
Site Security

Postby aaamusements » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:35 pm

Post awaiting approval:

Unfortunately finding joy in other people's failure or misery is a strange but very British emotion! :roll:
Plus there will always be a people who hate you just for providing facilities for them to potentially lose money in; normally the reformed addicts in my experience.
Innovation and great customer service must be the most important things for a start-up in this sector, as you are limited in other ways in which you can realistically compete with the large established companies.

The competition to design a machine sounds like a great idea; I lose count of how many threads I have seen along the lines of "what features would the ideal fruit machine have".
(My contribution is always "Castors as standard", so you can see what I spend most of my time doing... :lol: )

Return to “Real Fruit Machines”