wwe

Off Topic Chat About Anything You Like!
chelseaforever

wwe

Postby chelseaforever » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:35 am

Post awaiting approval:

yes, you can all laugh :lol: :lol: all my friends do at me, but any one else watch wresling?...seems quite popular still with people my age, <early 30's>..

i'm just downloading last nights raw.... apparently dx are reuniting for 1 night only... against umanga and the randy 1...lol

if there are any closet wwe fans here... give us a shout :wink: :wink:

Dave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:51 pm

Post awaiting approval:

When i was younger i was really into WWF, not sure if it's the same or not though :?

My mates dad used to run a Gym round the corner and we went to a party at his house one night and the British Bulldog, Bret the Hitman Heart and some other chunky fellas were there...

I can't remember which one it was but he used to always walk into the ring with a 2" x 4" plank of wood, he gave me a signed peice, i was well chuffed!

Anyway, enough of me reminising, i havent watched any wrestling for about 10 years, but the scene seems as big as ever, i had a few WWE dvds in my shop and they flew out, they were selling for stupid money! One was called the undertakers yard or something like that, i'm sure it sold for around £30, 2nd hand!

chelseaforever

Postby chelseaforever » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:57 pm

Post awaiting approval:

lol... that would be hacksaw jim duggen with the 2x4....he still makes an apperance every now and then.... wobbling to the ring. :lol: :lol:

guess it has changed a lot since you last watched dave....

its now called wwe because of a law suit filed against them by the world wildlife fund..<wwf>..

they have split the brand into two sections, smackdown and raw.. and have aquired ecw as well...none of the heart family wrestle any more except jim the neidhearts daughter..< even though hes not related hes seen as part of the family>... bret heart has a crippling back illness, owen heart died on a live ppv event when a ring entrance stunt went wrong, davey jones,<brittish bull dog> died of steroid enduced heart failure... his son has just turned pro... with in the last 3 weeks, but has been suspended already after failing a drugs test!!!

you should tune in and watch raw.... just for old times sake, u'll be supprised how good the story lines are now, and the standard of wrestling it self has grown :D :D

Dave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:12 pm

Post awaiting approval:

wow!

Sounds like i missed a hell of a lot!

Oh and yeah hacksaw jimmy duggen's the one, i remembered when i was in town :lol:

I'll have to drag my misses away from the soaps one night and catch up!

aaamusements
Site Security
Site Security

Postby aaamusements » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:19 pm

Post awaiting approval:

I remember many years ago the newsagent delivered us the WWF magazine due to a mix up.
My mother asked why the World Wildlife Federation had used a picture of someone called Hulk Hogan instead of, say, a giant panda...
:lol:

The wrestling can be fun to watch but has anyone seen Ultimate Fight Club
(think thats what its called)?
Thats proper fighting!

Return to “The Lounge”